Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Conversation trumps broadcast in research but not in budgets

I read with great interest Sean Moffitt's recent Buzz Canuck post that included industry statistics so good that I am going to print it off and carry it with me!

His points, based on research published in Forrester, are the following:

- Known trumps unknown

- Conversation trumps broadcast

- User trumps expert

- Owned site trumps content site

While I can't agree more, the reality is when it comes time to budget allocation (for the majority of industries), media relations and the desire for media endorsement still gets most of the budget.

I'd like to visit this post in a year from now and see if this still holds true. For now, news coverage is still the big client attraction. It's what keeps them happy, or causes them to look elsewhere.

No comments: